Download your Blackout Resources!
Thank you for giving up something you love to raise money, prayer and awareness for those who have lost everything for their love of Jesus. We’re sending you a Blackout pack in the post. Look out for it – it’ll have a handy mini-guide and some awesome temporary tattoos too. Get in touch if you don’t have this within ten days.
It’s going to be tough, but we’re here to help! We’re really chuffed that you’ve chosen to give up some of your freedom to stand with your persecuted family, so thank you.
You can lose what you love for as long as you like – 12, 24, 48 hours or even longer and you can do a Blackout whenever you like! Just pick a date and let us know!
First things first – what are you going to give up, and for how long? We’d love to know – email us at email@example.com to tell us. You might also want to set a fundraising target too and aim to raise a certain amount of money! When you’ve sorted all that, do this….
Start getting sponsored…
Make sure you create a JustGiving page and sign up to raise money through your Blackout event. Here’s how.
1. Head to justgiving.com/campaign/blackout2020
2. Hit the ‘Start Fundraising’ button
3. Either sign in or create a JustGiving account
4. Set up your fundraising page
5. Share the page with your friends, family and church to start raising money!
We’d love loads of people to join us in raising money and prayer by losing what they love. So do this now.
- Edit the image below (or download here…) on your phone, writing in what you’re giving up
- Post your edited image to one of you social media accounts and tag three friends, nominating them to take part in the Blackout too
- You could also text three friends with the image and the challenge
- Tell them to join you as you give up something you love for a short time to raise money for Christians who have lost everything because of their choice to follow Jesus
- Point them to opendoorsyouth.org/blackout to sign up!
Resources: Available now…
You can now download a bunch of great digital resources too – including a youth leader session to help you introduce Blackout to your group and some extra prayer ideas to use during your Blackout. You can grab these, along with social media images and extra sponsor forms at the link on this page (on the right if you’re on a desktop, below on mobile).
And don’t forget to look out for your Blackout pack in the post…
If you’ve got any questions do feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you asap.
Thanks again – you’re a legend!